Singaport Cleanseas aims to play a significant part in preventing pollution on land, air and sea. As a waste management company, it is our responsibility to ensure waste is treated in the most environmental-friendly manner possible. We recognise that global warming and climate change are very real problems in the world and we are continuously working with professionals to come up with innovative methods to further improve our energy usage and methods of treatment, with the end goal of recovering waste to its maximum potential.
Recycle, Reuse, Resource Efficiency
As a waste management company, our sustainability strategy ‘Recycle, Reuse, Resource efficiency’ are goals that are focused on three core areas aligned to the Singapore green plan 2030, Singapore 3R programs and zero waste target.
Sustainable waste management is a key concept of the circular economy and offers many opportunities and benefits to both the economy, the society and the environment. Sustainable waste management involves collecting, sorting, treating, recycling, and when properly facilitated provides an abundant source of energy and resources. Important waste management strategies ease the burden on landfills, conserves natural resources, and saves energy. This helps utilize resources more effectively and sustainably.
Managing waste, energy and water, and doing it more efficiently, are at the core of sustainability. The right waste management practice also controls pollution.
As a waste management company, our work is focused on activities that include recycling and reuse of waste oil, waste water and waste solids. Every year, our recycling facilities collects a large amount of waste products. Our state of the art processes allow us to fully realize oil’s capacity to be recycled and reused after our treatment processes. Waste water will be treated to the highest standards before discharge into sea.
Oil recycling reduces greenhouse gases and heavy metal emissions compared to burning waste oil as fuel. Much of what we do directly benefits the climate. Our incinerator facility vastly reduces the amount of waste sent to the landfill, contributing to the zero-waste concept of Singapore. We are also currently exploring the use of ash for concrete building blocks for non-load bearing application.
Our program is focused on the following strategies:
- Health and Safety – Making health and safety a priority in everything we do.
- Operations/Customer Solutions – Developing and delivering the most sustainable customer solutions available supported by policies and procedures that ensure active management of environmental impacts across the organization.
- Environmental Commitment – Providing services and products that lead the industry and contribute to a more sustainable world by operating business in an environmentally safe manner for the benefit and well-being of our employees, customers, the general public.
- Optimize energy, water and other precious resources by maximizing energy and water conservation across the organization.
- Supply chain management – Commitment to improve the impact on the environment caused by our products and services. We constantly look for new methods and materials that promote a sustainable supply chain.
Singaport Cleanseas identifies five key environment, social and governance (ESG) disclosures for our industry as the following:
- Management of Hazardous Waste
- Recycling, Reuse and Recovery
- Resource efficiency
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Workforce Health and Safety
Social and Governance
- Target <5 total recordable incident rate yearly
- 13 years of average employee tenure
- Ethnic diversity
- Implementing higher levels of waste heat recovery, to reduce greenhouse gas emission by 35% by 2026.
- Increase and improve capacity to treat and recycle waste oil by 20% by year 2025.
- Increase and improve capacity to treat and recycle waste water by 35% by year 2025.
- Target to expand our recycled product range by 2024, in alignment with our goal of maximizing the potential of the waste collected.
- Submission of Energy Efficiency Opportunities Assessment for New Ventures to NEA by year 2023
- Electricity generation to meet our offshore industrial plant’s requirements through a Waste to Energy (WTE) plant thereby eliminating usage of fossil fuel based electricity generators by year 2026.
- Reducing our GHG emissions by 35% by year 2026.
We have also obtained ISO14001:2015 – Environmental Management System and ISO50001: 2015 Energy Management Systems certification since 2022.